Our mission is to provide outstanding end-of-life care in our community, with an unprecedented commitment to compassionate communication and responsiveness.
Coastal Hospice of Georgia is a new hospice agency located in Saint Simons Island. We provide expert, compassionate medical and supportive care for people and their families facing a terminal illness. Our hospice team will work with your physician and primary care team to provide you and your loved one with the support needed to maximize quality time in your own familiar surroundings, and in the company of family and friends.
Support from an interdisciplinary team that includes doctors and nurse practitioners, nurses, personal care aides, social workers, pharmacists, chaplains, volunteers, and bereavement-support staff.
Access to a hospice nurse twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Collaboration and care planning with your current medical providers and facility staff when the patient resides in an assisted living community or skilled nursing facility.
Medically necessary equipment and supplies related to hospice care (such as hospital beds, walkers, bedside commodes, briefs, wound care supplies, and more), and medications related to your hospice diagnosis.
Emotional and spiritual support provides you the opportunity to maintain control of your life and any decisions that you desire assistance.
Wondering if Hospice is needed for your loved one?
Here are some common conditions and indicators
where hospice may be recommended:
- Frequent re-hospitalizations
- Progressive decline in cognitive abilities
- Increase in medications
- Progressive weight loss
- Refusal to eat
- Loss of ability to perform ADLs
- Loss of ability to sit up without assistance
- Need for higher level of care
- Multiple diseases with frequent exacerbations
- Progressive decline in functional abilities
- Frequent infections
- Non-healing wounds / increasing wounds
- Loss of ability / difficulty to swallow
- Patient or family requesting comfort care
- Loss of ability to walk independently
- Incontinence of bladder and bowel
- No longer responding to treatments